Links to Pages on the Blog

Monday, 8 April 2013

Charmed To Meet You at Artful Times

Von and Neet at the Wonderful Artful Times are hosting a great challenge called 'Charmed To Meet You'
The challenge is to create some charms... So off I popped at the weekend to get some wire as I wanted to create some card charms and a clip on charm. It has been a little while since I sat patiently coiling, so therapeutic though. Here are a few photos of what I was up to and of the finished articles which I would Love to swap, this will be my very first swap as have not done one before - Very Exciting x
Coiling the wire (tight coils) round nose pliers to begin with and these are flat nose ones to hold. 
Caged a bead using the coiled wire and then arranged onto a head pin
Added the jump rings and attachment
Made some little card charms, could be glued, threaded with ribbon etc...
I really enjoyed this, got me thinking and wanting to try all sorts of other ideas too x










9 comments:

Von said...

Lovely wire work Heather and thank you for joining and swapping with us at Artful Times :)
Von ☺

Gibby Frogett said...

Neat coiling Heather, not the easiest thing to do... love all you've created - just brilliant! Gill xxx

WendyK said...

These are fabulous, I'm hopeless at curling wire.

Neet said...

What fantabulous charms. Such beautiful coiling of the wire too. You should be well proud of yourself.
Thanks for submitting these for our challenge at Artful Times.
Hugs, Neet xx

Nan G said...

Oh I love these! I have try coiling. I so enjoy making charms. Thanks for sharing how you made them. Hugs.

Sylv said...

Fabulous charms, you have inspired me to try some more bead work.

Sylv xx

Von said...

Thank you Heather the charms arrived safe and sound :)
Von ♥

Heather Alger said...

<3 That's great, thanks for letting me know x

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Heather - just wanted to say I received charms from you in the swap and they are just gorgeous! I have no idea how you do them so neatly but I know I couldn't do it!! Thanks again, hugs Cindy x